Friday, August 20, 2010

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Here are a few of Ty's latest funny sayings:

The other day I was getting ready to take the boys to meet Justin and go to the State Fair. I told Ty maybe we'd see some horses and cows there. His response was, "No! I want to see walleyes!" Fortunately, the DNR barn did have walleyes, so he wasn't disappointed.

Earlier that same day he was dancing around the living room and he told me wanted to do a party. I asked him what kind of party, and he said, "A You Sing party." So I sang him some songs and he danced and we had a party.

This morning when he woke up he asked me to go get him minnows. I told him we didn't have any and he said that they were in daddy's boat. When I told him those minnows were all gone, he cried for about ten minutes and said over and over, "I want cuddle minnows." Then we put Robin Hood on TV and he forgot about the minnows. These would be the same minnows that he got a kick out of kissing on vacation. Yuck.

Ty was jumping on his bed and he told me to do it too. I told him I couldn't because my leg hurt, and he said, "I fix it. Put it on saw." So he takes me over to his tool bench and has me put my leg on the grinder and "fixes it."

This one takes the cake. One night when we were in Wisconsin we were trying to put Ty to bed. Let me set the stage here by saying that he didn't take a nap this particular day and also stayed up late watching movies. So when his movie was finally over and Daddy said, "No more movies. It's bedtime" you can imagine the bedlam that ensued. He screamed and screamed and screamed. NOOOO, NOOOOO, NOOOOOO!!!! After about what seemed like hours (but was probably more like 15 minutes) of Justin holding him and trying to calm him down as he's screaming NOOOO (and let me add here that I'm very proud of Justin...he kept his cool the whole way through) Justin said, "Ty, you have to calm down. You're going to scare the bears." Ty's response was, "NNOOOOO....WHAT?" I wish I could put his tone of voice on here because it was sooo funny, like "What?? What bears?? There are bears here?? And I'm scaring them??" Unfortunately, his curiosity only lasted a second before it was right back to NOOOOO, but it was an excellent comic relief at a moment when it was desperately needed, trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment