Monday, September 24, 2012

Family Campout

 Last weekend we had a family campout in the backyard.  Ty brought out his Wii shotgun to protect us from bears.   We sat around the campfire and chatted for a little while...a very little while because the boys kept asking to go to bed (!) since we were sleeping in the tent.  While we were sitting around the campfire, we were talking about where Reecie was going to sleep and what she does at night and stuff like that.  Ty asked me if she kills things at night.  I said something like..."Oh, I'm sure sometimes she does."  And he said, "So what do we do with the things she kills?  Do you pick them up and put them in the toaster?"  HA!  I think my cooking was being insulted.  Justin about fell off the bench laughing.
Finally, the boys got their wish, and we went to bed.  It's been getting a little chilly at night lately, so I had them all bundled up in layers of PJ's and sweatshirts and blankets.  But their Daddy put a heater in the tent, so turns out they didn't need any of that stuff.  I slept with just one blanket over me and was fine even without getting in my sleeping bag. 
We had a blast, even if we did all get the sniffles the next day.  I'm so thankful we have a yard we can camp in now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment