Monday, October 29, 2012

The Garden...Final Results

Well, I recently harvested the rest of what was in the garden, so here are the results.  Not bad if I do say so myself.
Basil
 
Oregano
 
Monster Zucchini :)
 
Tomatoes.  This is probably 10% of the tomatoes I got the whole season.
Here's my little helper making some tomato sauce.
 
Yukon Gold Potatoes
 
Sweet Potatoes
 
Russet Potatoes
 
Carrots, duh.
Somehow I forgot to take any pictures of the lima beans, but they turned out really well also.  Dallas and Justin loved eating them right off the plant.
 
Last winter, when I was planning my garden, I remarked to Justin that it would be so cool if I could make a venison roast with a deer that he shot and use veggies that I grew.  Lo and behold...OUR HOMESTEADER'S DINNER!!
 
And the final expirement for 2012....my compost.  Needs a little more time to decompose, but luckily it has all winter.  Can't wait to put it on my garden next spring.  Next year, I'm taking the gardening up a few notches, so expect big things to come.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad your garden turned out well! We are so excited to have the space to plant one next year! I've got a stack of Gardening in the Carolinas books to read, a new compost bin Nick built & eager children to help! That monster zucchini is almost as big as that cute boy holding it!

    ReplyDelete