Saturday, January 24, 2015

Miscellaneous Catch Up

I'm going to be playing a little bit of catch up here, since I have been so busy with the holidays I haven't had a chance to update pictures.  
 Owen's 8th Birthday
Mom and Mammaw's Birthdays




A funny story happened around this time that I wanted to make sure that I write down so I don't forget it in years to come. One day I had picked the boys up from school, and we were driving home.  Dallas had a bit of a cough at the time, so he kind of had a little bit of a coughing fit on the way home.  All of a sudden he started screaming and crying "I PUKED, I PUKED!"  I looked back and he had coughed up a bunch of mucous all over his blankie.  Luckily we were right around the corner from our house, so I quickly grabbed up the blankie and got it in the washer and got him all calmed down and explained that he didn't puke but just coughed up some of the yucky mucous in his lungs.  A couple days later he came into the kitchen and said, "Hey, Mom, remember when I had pukous?"  I about died laughing it was so funny.

Operation Christmas Child
This year we decided to do shoe boxes through Operation Christmas Child with Samaratin's Purse.  The boys really had a good time finding items to fill up their boxes, and I know that they will be lots of fun for the kids who receive them because I had an awful time trying to keep the boys out of them as we were filling the boxes.  One of our boxes went to Rawanda and the other went to Malawi.

No comments:

Post a Comment