Sunday, April 25, 2010

Big Jesus

Funny Ty story #2:
The pastor was finishing up his sermon this morning and making his final point, which was Big Jesus equals Big Faith. So quietly he said, "little Jesus equals little faith." Then he says very emphatically, "BIG JESUS..." and pauses for dramatic emphasis, and Ty chimes in with, "BIG JESUS" for the whole congregation to hear. After the laughter died down the pastor said, "Thanks, Ty. I'm glad someone is participating today!"

In Dallas updates...this week he has started laughing! So of course we've been tickling the poor kid like crazy trying to make him laugh. What a sweet sound. I have a decorative plate on my entertainment center that says, "The laughter of a child is the light of a house." How true. In less exciting news, he's currently battling a pretty challenging case of diaper rash. All the sudden last week he just broke out like crazy from his old diapers. We've switched to hypoallergenic (i.e. EXPENSIVE) diapers and loaded on the Desitin and Vaseline...not much luck so far. He's also got a break out on his scalp, which I believe is a cold sore that he got from me. For the past week, I've had the mother of all cold sores above my lip. I got it from Justin, so I was trying to be very careful about kissing Dallas so he wouldn't get it, but apparently it didn't work. Poor kid.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! 2 suggestions for diapers--G-diapers (you can do either disposable or reusable liners with them) or 7th Generation. The rash could be from the bleach in the diapers. For meds for his bottom--Weleda (Whole foods), Earth Mama Angel Baby.

    Give my nephews kisses!!!

    ReplyDelete