Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Amish Acres

I just love this picture.  And this man.  Justin and I went to Amish Acres in Nappanee, IN this past weekend BY OURSELVES and it was AWESOME!!  Ty and Owen stayed at my dad's and went to see Pinocchio at Beef and Boards, so we had Dallas go to Mom's for the weekend.  As much as we missed the boys, it was great to have a little time to just hang out with each other without the distraction of kids.  We had such a good time.  Two of our favorite things that we did together were driving around out in the country looking at all the Amish farms and eating lunch in the Restaurant Barn.  The food was awesome (I had chicken and noodles, and Justin had beef and noodles) and our table was next to the window so we could sit and look out over the amazing landscape.  The sun was shining through the window on my back, adding just a little warmth (always a plus for me).  It was so peaceful and relaxing.  We spent the rest of the day checking out Amish Acres, shopping in the shops there, and enjoying "The Odd Couple" in the Round Barn Theatre.  Very awesome weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment