Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Easter 2015

Coloring eggs...you can't imagine how hard it was for me to have to buy those white eggs at the store, but I wasn't sure how well brown eggs would dye.




Easter Morning
Well, it's the end of an era.  Ty figured it out about the Easter Bunny this year.  Christy spent the night with us for Easter, and on Saturday night Justin and I went out to eat at Ruth's Chris so we didn't get home to start all the Easter stuff until around 11:00.  Ty was still awake but Christy was with him, so we figured he'd stay in bed so we went ahead and started filling eggs.  Well he snuck out.  Justin found him and he said he saw the baskets and thought we were eating candy and he said he had been thinking that maybe that's because the Easter bunny doesn't come but that we do it.  And Justin didn't have a choice but to tell him.  I was afraid he'd be upset but he was proud of himself for figuring it out.  He said, "I'm really smart because I figured it out, but I'll make sure Dallas doesn't know." (That's my sweet boy!)  We knew this was coming soon, but I'm still a little sad about it.  As far as I know, though, he hasn't extrapolated this to Santa yet, so maybe we'll get one more year.  Maybe.  It's awfully cute, though, that now he thinks he's very grown up because he knows the secret that little kids don't know.  He told Christy he wondered if he should tell Cooper, but he decided that he shouldn't...presumably because Cooper's younger than him, and, therefore, still a little kid.
















No comments:

Post a Comment