Monday, May 14, 2012

"Happy Mother's Day" and "Breaking in the Pool"

I woke up Sunday morning to two little boys at my bedroom door holding up their cards saying, "Happy Mother's Day, Mommy!"  It was about the sweetest thing ever!  Not to mention my wonderful husband making me french toast.


These pictures are a little blurry since I took them with my phone, but Ty made me this picture at preschool, and I thought it was so sweet.  He came running out of the room when I picked him up on Friday and handed it to me with the biggest smile on his face and said, "Happy Day's Mother, Mommy!  I love you!!"  HAHA, it was so sweet, it kinda made me tear up a little.


This might not be legible, so it says: Ty says, "My mom is 14 years old (nice).  My mom is the prettiest when she wears a blue shirt.  My mom likes to make pictures with paint (news to me....).  My mom always says if you don't eat all your sandwich I will tickle you.  My mom is funny when she tickles me a lot."


Justin was nice enough to take Ty fishing on Mother's Day afternoon while Dallas took his nap, so I got TWO WHOLE HOURS to lay in my hammock uninterrupted.  It was heaven!!  After that the boys wanted to get in the pool (Brrrr) so they took the official first dip ever in our new pool!  Dallas got right in with his little airplane floatie and just giggled and kicked his way all around the pool.  Did I mention, he's my daredevil?

At first, Ty was really excited about going swimming, but when it came time to actually get in, he had a little freak out for some reason.  He said he was afraid of sinking since he can't touch the bottom.  Eventually, Justin was able to get him in (reluctantly) and he swam from the edge over to the steps so he could get out.  He wasn't happy about it, but he did it!

Since I was too much of a weenie to get in the cold swimming pool, the boys broke in my Mother's Day present for me....a new reading raft!!  Woot!  Hopefully, I'll get some time to enjoy it one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment