Monday, November 16, 2009

A Date with Ty

Unfortunately, I have no pictures for this post. I just wanted to document my day yesterday with my little man for posterity's sake. I know that these are the little things that I won't be able to remember a few years from now if I don't document them now. I have a horrible memory anyway, but pregnancy will inevitably erase more than it's fair share....

Daddy was off with the Farr men this weekend in pursuit of the ever-elusive white tail buck, so Ty and I had the whole day on Sunday to ourselves. We started the day off with waffles and Special Agent Oso, which is nothing special. That's what we do about every day. Then we got dressed up and went to church. It had been several weeks since we had been to church since we are up in Anderson so much during the summer months. Lately we have started to feel like we go to church just for one of us to spend the whole service in the nursery. But this week, for the first time, was different! Ty did really well during the first half of the service...about up to the prayer before he started getting bored and antsy. So he went to the nursery with "Nanny" (his babysitter's mom) and one of the teenage girls who attends our church. For a while now, this particular girl has been asking if she can watch Ty in the nursery, which would be fine with us, but up to now he hasn't wanted to stay in there if Justin or I are not in there. But this week, he stayed in there, and I got to enjoy the whole service without interruption. Apparently he just played with the other kids and was very well behaved. Yeah!!

After church we went home, ate lunch, and I laid Ty down for a nap while I cleaned up the house. We had a showing on our house from 2-3:30, so when Ty got up from his nap we headed out to find something to do for an hour and a half. I decided we should go to Avon to Once Upon a Child and see if we could find some good deals on some winter maternity shirts for Mommy (I know...big fun for Ty, right??) Well, turns out that we couldn't find the store, but we did happen upon a Cold Stone Creamery. So I decided to take my little man on a date to Cold Stone. I patiently waited in line, ordered an Apple Dumpling ala Mode, the whole time thinking how much Ty was going to enjoy it. Then....when we sit down to eat it, he will have absolutely nothing to do with it!! Very strange because he loves ice cream. I was somewhat disappointed not to be able to share it with him, but I quickly got over it and ate the whole thing myself.

From there we went home, and by this time I was absolutely exhausted. So we played with toys in the living room and waited for Daddy to get home. Overall it was just a wonderful day that I got to have my little guy all to myself. All too soon those types of days will be a distant memory...hence my need to document this one so that when he's too old to want to spend time with his Mommy I can look back on this day and remember that once upon a time he loved me.

No comments:

Post a Comment