Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Trick or Treat

Ty went as the world's cutest fisherman this year for Halloween. I saw a pre-made fisherman costume online when I was deciding what he should be, but it only came in a size 3-4T, which he would have been able to swim in. So I decided to make him a costume (which, owing to my complete lack of creativity, was quite a feat).



I have to say, though, I think it turned out pretty well. I got him some rubber boots and snowpants (aka "waders") at Walmart, made him a pretend fishing license (which is pinned to his waders) and made him a "fly hat" on my lunch hour one day. It's a good thing I work at Walmart where they have all these various supplies right on hand because the night before Halloween I realized that I couldn't find his other fisherman's hat that I had planned to use. Since I had to work on Halloween, on my lunch I went to the baby section and found a new hat (on clearance for $1, I might add) and some small baits, cut the hooks off of them and pinned them on this new hat. Pretty good, huh?

Ahoy! A fisherman and 2 pirates.


He went Trick or Treating at his Great Grandma and Grandpa Barnhart's, Grandpa and Grandma Barnhart's, Pappaw Taylor's, Great Grandma and Grandpa Farr's, Mammaw and Pappaw Ogden's, Aunt Trista's and Mammaw's houses. It was a long night considering we didn't get started until close to 7. He didn't go to bed until after 10. Hooray for staying up late on holidays when you're a kid.
In related news...
Here's how Daddy and his helper clean up the leaves out of the yard...oh well. It sure was fun jumping in all those leaves.


taking a peanutbutter sandwich break...this was immediately following his "time out" for throwing a temper tantrum. He wanted to keep going in and out of the back yard and I told him no because he'd let the dogs out, to which he threw a royal fit. I decided this was probably a combination of frustration at being told no and hunger, so we went inside for some calm down time while I made him a sandwich. And I had a MAJOR "mom breakthrough". I sat him in his time out chair and told him, "Stay here and calm down. I'm going to go make you a sandwich." So I proceed into the kitchen, knowing full well he wouldn't stay in that chair. I see him out of the corner of my eye sneaking into the living room, so I quickly walk into the living room and give him the "mom look" and without my saying a word he hi-tailed it right back to his time out chair and sat there until I told him he could get up!! YYYAAAAHHHOOOO!!!! Wouldn't Supernanny be proud!

look at that face...how can I ever be mad at him?

Leaves are falling everywhere!




No comments:

Post a Comment